Airsoft not only requires mental strategy but it also requires you to crawl, run and lug around heavy armaments with you. Therefore, it should be no wonder that most serious Airsoft players have plenty of scars. This is how players learn to be more conscientious.
One thing that can be very helpful here is setting up a bunker that you can duck behind. You can then pop up and shoot a target as fast as you can every once in a while. Herein you will become less vulnerable as long as you pick a different spot of the bunker to come out of every time. This will also increase your spontaneity so that it will become harder and harder to get a clean shot on you.
Another thing that you should master is the shooting and running, especially if you plan to be a part of an assault team. Herein you will want to be able to run forward at targets and try to get as many of them as possible while doing so.
Here are some other tips that will help you with your movement in an Airsoft game:
- It is a good idea to practice diving for cover. Of course, you will not want to make this movement if there are thorns, sharp sticks or rocks in this area.
- You will need to be aware of not only yourself but of everything and everyone around you as well. This is a crucial part of survival.
- Always aim where you are looking.
- Make sure that you cover your own lane of fire. You do not need to watch someone else’s lane of fire. Let them to their job while you do yours.
- If you are alone, you should keep moving from angle to angle (left side to right side).
- You should never enter into a “low mobility” position unless your angle is great and your cover is amazing.
- You do not want to let your adrenaline take over and cause you to move too fast. It is important to be quick yet effective.
- Most of the time you will not have your enemy directly facing you. However, if this should happen, then immediately drop to a prone stance. It will be difficult to hit you with a hop up if you are laying on the floor.
Of course, these are just some of the many tips that exist when it comes to Airsoft Movement Tactics. The more you are able to learn, the better your game will become